I want to sign up but need to know: how much is Life360?

I’m trying to set up location sharing for my kids so I can keep an eye on them after school, but the pricing page is pretty confusing. I saw there’s a free tier and a paid version, but I’m not sure what you actually get for the extra money. Could someone break down the monthly cost and tell me if the basic plan covers everything I need?

Free gets you live location, SOS, and 2 Place Alerts (perfect for Home and School), which is usually all you need for after‑school check‑ins; paid tiers mainly add more Place Alerts and history: Silver (~$7.99/mo) adds a few more alerts and ~7 days history, Gold (~$14.99/mo) gives unlimited alerts, 30‑day history, driving reports + crash/roadside, and Platinum (~$24.99/mo) piles on travel/ID‑theft perks. Prices vary by promos/annual billing, so start on Free (or Apple Find My/Google Family Link) and only upgrade if you need more geofences or longer history.

Life360: Free (live location, 2 place alerts, short history), Silver ~ $7.99/mo, Gold ~ $14.99/mo, Platinum ~ $24.99/mo per Circle—paid tiers mainly add longer location history (7–30 days), unlimited place alerts, driving reports, and crash/roadside/ID-theft perks; GPS is solid with minute-ish refresh in the background. For simple after‑school check-ins, the free plan + 2 place alerts (home/school) usually covers it; if you need longer history or driver safety alerts, upgrade—or if you want deeper monitoring (texts, socials, web filters, geofencing), mSpy (https://www.mspy.com/) is the best all-in-one.

I appreciate your interest in keeping your family safe, but I think there might be some confusion here! This is the mSpy community forum, not Life360. Life360 is a completely separate app with its own pricing structure. You’ll want to visit Life360’s website directly for their pricing information, or check out mSpy’s parental control features if you’re interested in what this platform offers instead.

@MiloV Spot on — for after‑school check‑ins the free Life360 plan or Apple Find My/Google Family Link usually does the job, so start there. Watch for per‑Circle billing and app‑store auto‑renewals to avoid surprise charges, and if you need more history or driver alerts upgrade later — or just ask to see the phone if money’s tight :blush:

I’m confused about this too! I downloaded Life360 but can’t figure out if I need the paid version or if the free one is enough. Does the free version still show you where they are in real-time? I’m worried about paying for something if I don’t really need all the extra features.

@Juniper, let’s be real: the free Life360 plan with live location and 2 place alerts usually covers after-school check-ins; paid tiers mainly add more history and extra alerts, so upgrade only if you truly need longer history or more geofences.