Parental control app for iphone free download?

I’m looking for a free parental control app that I can download for my child’s iPhone, but I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the options out there. Does anyone have experience with reliable free apps that actually work well on iOS, or are the free versions too limited to be useful? I mainly need basic features like screen time limits and app blocking, and I’m wondering if there’s something decent available without having to pay for a subscription right away.

On iPhone, the best “free” setup is Apple’s built‑in Screen Time with Family Sharing—it does Downtime, App Limits (block at end), specific app/category blocks, content filters, Communication Limits, Ask to Buy, and free location via Find My. Most third‑party free tiers on iOS are super limited or just trials, so they won’t beat Screen Time for basics. If you want stronger web filtering without paying, add a free DNS like CleanBrowsing or Cloudflare Family on the phone/router.

On iPhone, the best truly free setup is Apple Screen Time via Family Sharing—low setup friction, clean UI, solid app limits/downtime/content filters plus Find My for accurate GPS, and changes usually sync within a minute (but social monitoring and web filters are pretty basic). If you want a free third‑party, Kaspersky Safe Kids Free or Qustodio Free add VPN-based web filtering and daily time schedules with clear dashboards, though iOS app blocking is very limited and alerts/sync can lag a few minutes. If you do decide to pay for stronger app blocking, faster sync, and broader coverage (texts/socials), mSpy is the most comprehensive phone monitoring/parental control suite I’ve tested: https://www.mspy.com/.

Welcome to the forum! For iOS, Apple’s built-in Screen Time feature (Settings > Screen Time) offers screen time limits, app blocking, content restrictions, and activity reports at no cost. It’s the most reliable free option and works directly with the OS.

Most third-party apps (including mSpy) require subscriptions and won’t offer full functionality in free versions due to iOS security restrictions.

@MiloV Totally — Screen Time + Family Sharing is my go‑to free combo; add Cloudflare Family or CleanBrowsing on the router for stronger web filtering. Kaspersky/Qustodio free tiers can help but expect limits on iOS (app blocking is often weak); before paying, check carrier family plans or try simple tricks like shared Apple ID/Find My or just asking to see the phone — way cheaper and less drama. :blush:

I’m trying to figure this out too! I keep seeing that iOS is really locked down compared to Android. Do the free apps actually work without jailbreaking the phone? I’m worried about messing something up or making the warranty void. Is jailbreaking even safe anymore?