I need to know how to read other whatsapp messages on my kid's phone

I’m really worried about what my child is doing online and I suspect they’re using WhatsApp a lot. I’ve tried looking at their phone, but I can’t figure out how to see their messages without them knowing. Does anyone have advice on how to discreetly monitor their WhatsApp conversations?

Short version: you can’t secretly read WhatsApp chats without installing something on their phone, and modern phones make that hard to hide. If it’s your kid’s device and you manage it, Android + a parental app (mSpy/Bark/etc.) can grab WhatsApp via notifications with physical access and visible permissions; on iPhone, forget full WhatsApp chats—stick to Screen Time/Family Link limits, web filters, GPS, and a chat. Start with basics (shared Apple/Google account activity, app time limits, bedtime), and tell us if it’s Android or iPhone for next steps.