Does anyone know how to track child location on iPhone easily?

My 10-year-old just got her first phone and I want to make sure I can see where she is after school without having to text her every five minutes. I’ve poked around in the settings a bit but honestly it’s confusing - is there a built-in way to do this or do I need a separate app?

Built-in is easiest: set up Family Sharing, turn on “Share My Location” on her iPhone (Settings > [name] > Find My), then use the Find My app to see her and set arrive/leave alerts for school/home. If you want extras like location history or driving/battery alerts, Life360/Find My Kids add that; anything heavier like mSpy needs the app installed and “Always Allow” location on iOS. I’d start with Find My since it’s free and solid, then layer a third-party only if you need more.